03 February 2013

Ready Or Not....

November 7, 2012
Ready or Not....
Here comes a baby!




Josh and I shared our news the next day with our families. I had not been feeling well for almost two weeks, so we were all just waiting on the positive..... and here it was! Josh's parents were overjoyed, as were my sister and my mom.
My dad on the other hand, he had a more difficult time receiving the news that his baby was having a baby. When I told him, he responded with, "You're what?!"
I laughed and said, "Dad, I'm pregnant. I'm going to have a baby."
 And on the other end.... silence.
 "Dad? Are you okay?"
 "Yeah. hun, I guess I'm just in shock."
 "That makes two of us."
 "Congratulations."
 "Thanks, Dad. I love you."
 "I love you, too, Jack. Talk to you soon."
 "Bye, Dad."



November 15, 2012
Ready or Not.....
That was my last conversation with my Dad.
What a sweet and finny memory to have as my last. I was not ready to say good-bye. I'm still not. This pregnancy is truly bittersweet. Josh and I are very excited to welcome this little one into our family, but I'm so sad that he or she will not have the opportunity to meet their grumpy, loving Grandpa. I miss you everyday, Dad. I miss your laughter, your silly rules, your constant stubbornness, your out of tune singing, your dancing, your undying love for the Packers, and most of all, I miss your unfaltering love. Thank you for being my one-of-a-kind Dad. I am proud to be your daughter and carry on your legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment